External links are hyperlinks that redirects you outside of the Sendlinx Portal, such as another website or a file server. But you may want to add some restrictions to the accessibility of that file or folder. For example, you may have a link to a file that is sitting on another online storage server, and you may want to share that file privately, by adding a password protection and an expiration date. To do so,
- Sign in to sendlinx.com.
- Click External Links menu option in the left sidebar.
- Click Add New External Link at the top menu
- Enter the Source Path
- Enter a Link Name (optional)
- Enter an Expiration Date (optional)
- Enter a Password (optional)
- If you wish to hide the source url, then check “Recommended only for sites that allow embedding or direct file downloads.”
- Click Continue.